Officially my blog exists for the 12 Days of Cookies. The previous post is now 366 days old, and I won’t even look at it because seeing Ellie so young makes my eyes get all watery. She’s basically a teenager now. So for the sake of my heart, let’s move on with the cookies…
Ally is rocking it out over on her blog. For one, she blogs like everyday. The Ringers go on fabulous adventures all over the Pacific Northwest and she creates the most delicious recipes. Meanwhile I’ll be here copying recipes from Food Network and Pinterest.
Check out her three (incredible) cookie recipes so far:
- Chocolate Thumbprints with Bourbon Caramel and Sea Salt (whaaaat?!)
- Brown Butter Pecan Sandies with Chocolate
- Maple Shortbread
(Recipe from December 2015 Food Network Magazine)
These babies are a no bake cookie with four ingredients. They sounded so easy- but I do believe these little tips will help make the recipe more realistic:
- Work quickly! This dough dries out fast. I highly suggest enlisting your significant other (while playing Christmas music of course) to help roll out the dough, cut shapes, and lay on foil/parchment.
- Refrigerate overnight, then dip in melted chocolate. Drizzling will only cause peppermints to loose their cute star-shape.
- Once dipped, keep peppermints in the freezer. They are infinitely better that way!